An Exploratory Study of the Ghanaian Music Industry: A Value Chain Approach
- The past decades have seen a growing interest in one or another variant of value chain (VC) analysis as a methodology for studying global economic governance. However not much have been applied in the music industry by way of VC analysis most especially in developing countries. This research looked at different players in the Ghanaian music industry as far as its governance and upgrading is concerned.
- 1970 Born in Ghana
- 1990-1993 B. A. Hons. Book Industry (Printing and Editing) at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST) Kumasi, Ghana
- 2000-2002 Master of Small Business Studies (Small Enterprise Promotion and Training) at Universität Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
- Since August 2018 Senior Lecturer (Entrepreneurship & SME Management, Print Mgt), KNUST Kumasi, Ghana
- Since 2013 Part-time Lecturer, Disability Studies Programme, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
- Since 2010 Foundation Manager, Kumasi Business Incubator (Office of the Vice Chancellor)
- Since 2009 Foundation Head, Centre for Business Development, KNUST (Office of the Vice Chancellor)
- 2005-2008 Part-time Lecturer in Advanced Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, KNUST School of Business, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
- 2005-2010 Foundation Liaison Officer for Industrial and Professional Relations (IPR), College of Art and Social Sciences, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
- 2004 Full-time Lecturer (Entrepreneurship & SME Management, Total Quality Management), KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
- 2001-2002 Demonstrator at the Department of Book Industry, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
- 1999-2000 Manager at Rando Print Services, Accra, Ghana
- 1997-1998 Director/General Manager at Kattous Print house Ltd., Accra, Ghana
- 1995-1997 General Manager at Compuprint Services Ltd., Accra, Ghana
- 1994 Production Manager at Compuprint Services Ltd., Accra, Ghana
Scholarships and Awards
- 1982-1987 Cocoa Marketing Board Scholarship, Pope John Secondary School, Koforidua
- 1993 Best Thesis Award, Department of Book Industry, KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
- 2000-2002 KAAD Scholarship to pursue Masters Degree in SME Management, Germany
- 2006 Provost’s Award for Fund Raising and Entrepreneurship Development, KNUST
- 2010 CASS-KNUST Special Award for Promotion of Industry-Academia Relations, Innovation and Fundraising
- 2014 Royal Bank-CASS Awards 2014: Best Fund Raiser and Organiser
- 2014 KAAD Scholarship to pursue PhD in International SME Management, Germany
- Industry-Academia Relations
Published Works (Refereed Journals)
- Nyadu-Addo, R.; Mensah, Mavis Benneh (2017) "Entrepreneurship education in Ghana – the case of the KNUST entrepreneurship clinic", Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, Emerald Publishing Limited. doi.org/10.1108/JSBED-02-2017-0062.
- Eyarefe, D. Ibitola; Addo, K. Paul, Nyadu-Addo, R.; (2015): “Entrepreneurship Education and Graduate Employability: Implication for Policy and Practice”. Kampala International University (KIU) Journal of Education. Vol. 9, December 2015, pp 1-14. ISBN 1821-8202.
- Adusei, Michael, Akomea, Samuel, Yaw, Nyadu-Addo, R. (2014): Predicting bank credit risk; does board structure matter? The International Journal of Business and Financial Research (IBFR), ISSN: 1931-0269, Vol.8 No.5.
- Mensah, Mavis B. & Nyadu-Addo, R. (2012): Juxtaposition of the Role of Small Businesses and the State in Ghana’s Economic Development; Journal of International Business and Management, ISSN 1923-841X, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2012.
- Nyadu-Addo, R & Mahama, Anatu K., Graham, Nicholas (2009): Training and Skills Development in the Ghanaian printing industry: Accepted for publication by Journal of Art and Humanities, CASS, KNUST, Kumasi.
Published Works (Book Chapters and E-Book)
- Nyadu-Addo, R. (2015): “Sustainable financial models for business incubators: the Kumasi Business Incubator”. Chapter in an E-BOOK by International SEPT Programme (IN4IN), University of Leipzig, Germany on the theme: “Entrepreneurship Promotion at Higher Education Institution and Research Centres”.
- Nyadu-Addo, R. (2015): “Entrepreneurship Clinic: The Case of KNUST-Kumasi”. Chapter in an E-BOOK by International SEPT Programme (IN4IN), University of Leipzig, Germany on the theme: “Entrepreneurship Promotion at Higher Education Institution and Research Centres”.
- Nyadu-Addo, R. (2008): “Entrepreneurship for university students”. (Book Chapter) Renewable Energy for Rural Areas in Africa: The Enterprise Development Approach, AREED: Energy Centre, College of Engineering, KNUST, Kumasi, April 2008. ISBN 9988-8377-3-9.
Published Works (Conference Papers)
- Nyadu-Addo, R., Adu-Gyamfi, R., Nabi, Md. Noor Un Nabi, and Utz Dornberger (2017a). Toward an Understanding of Artiste Managers in Ghana. In P. L. Huong (Ed.), Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Emerging Challenges. Strategic Integration. ICECH 2017, Hanoi: Bach Khoa Publishing House.
- Nyadu-Addo, R., Adu-Gyamfi, R., Nabi, Md. Noor Un Nabi, and Utz Dornberger (2018). Internationalization Strategies of Artiste Managers in Ghana. iN4iN (2018), Proceedings iN4iN Network Conference 2017-Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Competitiveness, Cuero Acosta, Y.A., Berrones-Flemmig, C., Nabi, MNU., & Dornberger, U. (eds.), International SEPT Program, Leipzig University, Germany. ISBN: 3-934693-27-X.
- Obiri-Yeboah, K., Nyadu-Addo, R., Matambalya, Francis (2015): “Exploratory Approach To Tourism Innovation In Africa: Opportunity, Challenges and way forward”. ICABUMPA-In4IN International Conference in Nairobi Kenya. Mount Kenya University. 26th -31st October, 2015.
- Nyadu-Addo, Ralph (2007):Enhancing quality education in Ghanaian tertiary institutions through the establishment of Industrial and Professional Relations Office” International DAAD Winter School Workshop in Dresden/Bonn/Cologne, Germany from 19th February to 3rd March 2007 (published conference paper).
- Nyadu-Addo, R. (2006): “Enhancing the competitiveness of SMEs networking through professional associations“: 4th International SEPneT Workshop in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania from 13th- 17th March 2006 (published conference paper).
- Nyadu-Addo, R. (2004): “The Growing Printing Industry in Ghana: A General Overview“ SEPT Working Papers no. 12, University of Leipzig, Germany, 2004. ISBN 3-934693-10-5 (3 editions published in 2004 in English and German and held by 15 international libraries worldwide.