The International SEPT Program is a research and training program at the University of Leipzig dedicated to provide theoretical insight as well as practical experience in the management and promotion of Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) worldwide. As an international program SEPT belongs to the Institute of Service and Relationship Management at Faculty of Economics and Management Science of Leipzig University.
Because of location in Germany, we have permanently the opportunity to learn from successful German SMEs and to analyze in detail their best practices and winning experiences, as well as those of the institutions that foster and promote them.
These exceptional 'Mittelstand' Firms, as they are labeled in Germany, are known worldwide for their dynamism and constant innovation. Additionally, many of them have managed to achieve leadership positions in many different countries and markets, basically with high-value-added products and services.
For these reasons, all programs that are offered by SEPT are based on the patterns of the outstanding German 'Mittelstand' and the measures that have been successfuly applied to promote them. Our main goal is to transmit this knowledge to institutions and firms from all over the world that are looking forward to implementing successful strategies in the promotion of SMEs.
All activities of International SEPT program revolve around SMEs, as it can be seen in the following diagram.
- MBA Program in SME development is a practice oriented postgraduate program. The aim of the MBA Program is to convey theoretical knowledge, as well as application-oriented findings and practice-relevant experience surrounding the promotion and development of SMEs. [learn more...]
- The SEPT PhD program offers excellent graduates from all over the world the opportunity of a further doctoral study. The PhD students could conduct their research project in the main issues of the development and promotion of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). [learn more...]
- Research in the field of Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Internationalization and Global value Chains. The research activities carried out within the SEPT program are conducted by an inter-disciplinary team of scientists, PhD and master's students with background in economics, social and natural sciences. [learn more...]
- Entrepreneurship promotion of students and alumni from the region of Leipzig, in the frame of the Self-Management Initiative Leipzig (SMILE), which is developed in cooperation with the Chair of Marketing of the University of Leipzig and the Leipzig Graduate School of Management (HHL). [learn more...]
- intelligence for innovation (iN4iN) offers specialized training and consultancy services for SMEs and institutions worldwide in the fields of innovation management, business incubator development and the strengthening of university-business linkages. [learn more...]
- Small Enterprise Promotion Network (SEPneT) is to strengthen the exchange of information and experience between its members on the up-to-date topics important to SME development worldwide. [learn more...]
- Internationalization (FIT4export) is both a challenge and an opportunity for SME. The FIT4export program offers advanced trainings, coaching and consulting for firms who are interested in exploring foreign markets. [learn more...]
- The Service Innovation Lab (SIL) supports companies throughout the entire process of service development and optimisation or in selected phases. [learn more...]