Kwabena Obiri Yeboah
An Understanding of the Interplay between Institution and Entrepreneurial Decision Making in the Innovation Process of Technology Firms - Evidence from Ghana
- The research seeks to understand how technology startup entrepreneurs in Ghana go about their decision making in the innovation process in times of uncertainty. The influence of the environment on the decision making is also considered.
- 2003-2007 BSc. Economic and Business Administration, Catholic University College of Ghana, Fiapre, Sunyani, Ghana
- 2011-2013 MBA in Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Development, University of Leipzig, Germany
- 2014- PhD Candidate, International Small Enterprise Promotion and Training (SEPT) Program, University of Leipzig, Germany
- 08/2013- to date Trainer and Assistant Coordinator, iN4iN Africa Network, Leipzig University, Germany
- 08/2013-08/2014 Consultant, Conoscope GmbH, Leipzig, Germany
- 04/2013-07/2013 Intern, Conoscope GmbH, Leipzig, Germany
- 08/2008-03/2014 Tutor, Catholic University College of Ghana, Fiapre, Sunyani, Ghana
- 2011-2013 Scholarship from the Catholic Academic Service for Foreign Students (KAAD), Germany
- 2014-2017 Scholarship from the Catholic Academic Service for Foreign Students (KAAD), Germany
- 2014 DAAD Award for the best foreign student at Leipzig University, Germany with excellent academic performance and remarkable social or intercultureal engagement
SME training, promotion and coaching in the following areas:
- Innovation Management
- Business Communication
- Project Management
- Internationalization of SMEs
Conferences and Workshops
2015: ICABUMPA - iN4iN Africa Conference 2015, “New Concepts for Business Acceleration for Africa”, Kenyan International Conference Center, Nairobi, Kenya
2014: iN4iN Africa Conference, “The Role of Higher Education Institutions in Facilitating Academia – industry Linkage through Entrepreneurship and Innovation”, Adama University, Ethiopia.
2014: Entrepreneurship Summit 2014, “Discover your potential. Be an Entrepreneur”, Berlin Germany.
2014: Summer School- “Market-Oriented Innovation Management”, SEPT and Conoscope GmbH, Leipzig, Germany.
2014: The Accelerate@HHL Entrepreneurship Conference. BIG DATA NOW?!, Leipzig, Germany.
2014: iN4iN Africa Workshop, “Industry – Academic Relationship in Enhancing Entrepreneurship in Rwanda”, INES – Ruhengeri, Rwanda.
2013: Workshop on einer hochschuldidaktischen Qualifizierung im Rahmen des BMBF – Students‘ Project in Leipzig.
2013: Summer School “States Markets and Development in the 21st Century, Hochschule fuer Technik und Wirtschaft, Berlin, Germany
2012: Guest speaker at the IT Leaders West Africa Summit, organized by KINETICS Events at MöVENPiCK Ambassador Hotel, Accra, Ghana.
2012: "Marketing for the 21st" with Philip Kotler at HHL (Germany), Leipzig, Germany.
Yeboah, K. O., Nyadu-Addo, R. and Matambalya, F. (2015), Exploring the prospects for tourism innovation in Africa. Conference paper presented at ICABUMPA - iN4iN Africa Conference 2015, “New Concepts for Business Acceleration for Africa”, Kenyan International Conference Center, Nairobi, Kenya.
Yeboah, K.O., and Dornberger, U. (2016): Is effectuation always a better decision making approach in new venture creation in times of uncertainty?. 4th Effectuation Conference, June 5-7, 2016, Kjerring, Bodo, Norway.
Yeboah, K. O. and Nabi M. U. N. (2017). The development of Knowledge intensive business service (KIBS) firms in Africa: The way forward. In P. L. Huong (Ed.), Proceedings of the 6TH International Conference on Emerging Challenges. Strategic Integration. Hanoi: Bach Khoa Publishing House.
Yeboah, K. O. and Nabi M. U. N. (2017). Supporting innovation in Tech hubs in Africa: The role of institution. In P. L. Huong (Ed.), Proceedings of the 6TH International Conference on Emerging Challenges. Strategic Integration. Hanoi: Bach Khoa Publishing House.
Assisted in editing the English version of – Dornberger, U., & Suvelza, A. (2012). Managing the Fuzzy Front-End of Innovation (1st ed.). Leipzig: intelligence 4 innovation International SEPT Program, the Leipzig University.